The Positive Power of Business / ビジネスの力

おはようございます!

ジェフです!

今日の一つ駅で読める英語短文は「ビジネスの力」です。

-----------------------------------------
Key words:

pharmacy 薬局
treatment 薬剤処理
inbound visitor 来日観光客
-----------------------------------------

When I first moved to Japan back in 2011. I was working in a restaurant in my neighbourhood.

I am not going to lie to you, I was never a good cook. It takes forever for me to cut vegetables.

One day, I accidentally cut my finger while cutting green onion. It was a deep and ugly cut.

I got panic. I rushed to a pharmacy soon after work, hoping to get a proper treatment.

However, I had no idea how to ask for help in Japanese at the time.

The staff at the pharmacy refused to help me because I was not able to tell him what I needed.
(I think the staff might not be a licensed prescriber so he was not able to help me even if he wanted to.)

4 years later, I went to the very same pharmacy. Things have changed.

Thanks to increasingly growing inbound Chinese tourists and the positive power of business, now the pharmacy has at least one Chinese speaking staff everyday, helping people with limited Japanese proficiency but with need for help.

I realised that behind the mechanism of profit pursuing, there is also a positive power making the society a better place.

The positive power of business!

=========================
ジェフの英語RFA読書会イベント情報はこちら

3月の図書はStephen CoveyのThe 7 Habits of Highly Effective Peopleです。


2015年、RFA読書会で行動ダッシュしませんか!

Comments

Popular Posts