Dinner with Taiwanese UWRF Alumni

2007/11/5
Dinner with Taiwanese UWRF Alumni

I got a phone call from Lynn. She told me the class of 2007 of Taiwanese UWRF students should get together since we have been apart for a while. It is too bad that I got a Japanese class. I rushed into the East Area, one of the most popular areas in Taipei, right after my Japanese class. The MRT system always amazed me. It was so fast. It only took me 30 minutes to get to the East Area from Jing-Mei Station. And the MRT is so clean as if there were a crew that cleans this place every 20 minutes. Well, I guess that is because MRT’s regulation is really strict. Passengers should not even drink water once they have past the yellow line. I think it is a good thing. At least, I have never seen a mouse or rat here. I almost puked when I was in the subway in New York……. I swear that is true…..The MRT in Taiwan is 10,000 times better than the subway in New York.

There were Jenny, Austin, Jack, Emmy, Lynn, Evie and I in that restaurant, Magical Curry. I was amazed by how fast they ate that meal. They got the meal around 7:30 pm. They finished all their meals when I got there around 8:00 pm. It was kind of weird that I ate when everybody is chatting. But I was really hungry. Therefore, I didn’t care that much during that time. The Curry Cola Cookie Rice I ordered is not bad. The curry paste is really tasty. But I ate a purple vegetable thing, which tasted really funny. I was ok with that……the rest of that Curry meal is really good. Even more, it is not too expensive. It was just 253 NTD.

We talked about a lot that day. It has been a while since last time we got together. We talked about our dreams, our jobs, and our plans for future. Jack’s website is coming out next week. He has been working on that for a while. The website he made provides a channel to show the world that how Taiwanese dresses. Taiwanese’s dress styles are influence by Korean, Japanese, and the western cultures a lot. I think the website will be a great platform for people to talk about Taiwanese young dress culture, and learn how to dress in your own way. Well, we will see more when the website is out. I cannot wait!

Evie is running her family business in Dang-Shuie now. Although she is doing fine with her family business now, she wants to do something more. She is still thinking about it.

Lynn and I decided that we should stick together and do something. Everyone else’s business is running. But we are still at where we were. We should do something. We shook our hands and smiled to each other with confidence as if we know that we are going to success soon. I am so excited that I can find someone like Lynn to build our business dream together.

Ps, Lynn is one of my best friends that I made in the USA. We started a small study group after we came back to Taiwan. We studied some classic books of business and financial education together, such as Rich dad, poor dad. We believe that we can definitely do something in the near future.

Comments

Popular Posts