The reflection on "The Last Lecture"

I usually pick up something to read during traveling. I pick up the book "The last Lecture" by randy pausch.
I have watched his lecture on YouTube. It was very inspiring. So I bought it at TPE airport, on my way to Cambodia.
I believe this book has great impact on many people, and even has helped many families with cancer patient to go through their life paths.(if you have time, you should read it. In fact, its not really a book about dying of cancer, but living fully.)
Everyone will benefit and learn from this book in different ways. Let me share 3 lessons of mine:
1. Enjoy every part in your life.
This was a cliche, and it wasn't explicitly pointed out in the book. But it is not hard to find that Randy is a guy who know how to enjoy his life. Skipping a ticket from police while speeding had made his day. Well, this is not something we should really look up for. But it is the spirit we should look up for. Find the little things that is worthwhile of your smile. And enjoy them.
2. Time is one of the most valuable resource.
Randy had shared his tips at managing his time:
  1. Time must be explicitly managed, like money.
  2. You can always change your plan, but only if you have one.
  3. Ask yourself:Are you spending your time on the right thing?
  4. Developing a good filing system.
  5. Rethink the telephone.
  6. Delegate
  7. Take a time out. (It's my favorite part. I love how Randy set up his phone message to keep his honeymoon with Jai unbothered.)
3.The brick walls are there to the people who don't want it badly. They are there to stop other people.
Brick walls are there fore a reason. They give us a chance to show how badly we want something.

These are the 3 lessons that I have learnt from the Las Lecture. Oh, believe me, I have learnt far more than just 3 lessons. But I have shared some of mine. Now that will be really cool if some one had read this or watched Randy's clip can share theirs! :)
So, what are yours?

Comments

Popular Posts