My Music Life........?!?!

2008/12/06

I play guitar. I used to play in a band when I was in high school. I "kinda" stopped playing guitar as I started my college life. Maybe it was because of the wonderful life as a freshman in college, I didn't want to play guitar at all. But I think the main reason is that I left my hometown to Taipei for college alone. All my band members stayed in my hometown, Keelung. I couldn't find anyone to set up a band together in college. I just did not match them.

And the other reason is that I am so tired of practicing. I practiced 6-8 hours a day when I was in high school. Moreover, I put a lot of pressure on myself when I didn't make an obvious improvement in a specific amount of time. I don't know when, and how, it started. I just couldn't recall the good feelings of playing music. The joy of learning a new skill or the excitement of coming up with a new trick were so far from me.

Therefore, I stopped.

But music is addictive. It is so hard to quit. I bought a acoustic guitar. I only played it when I feel like to. I stopped doing boring finger exercises. I just played what I want to play. I cannot play fancy trick since I didn't do enough exercise to train my finger. But I am a lot happier now. I love to play music without pressure.

These things just came up to me when I was listening to Planetarium by Ikimonogakari.



There is a brick wall I am facing now. I really really want to write a song. A song that is meaningful to some people and making people's mind "spinning" when they hear the song. But the songs I have composed are just not quite like what I really want. I wanna write a lyrics that tell a story rather than just repeating the chorus. I wanna make a music video that provides people a place to rest or.....to escape.

I have a lot of things that I wanna do.

Comments

Popular Posts