Fishing With My Hmong Xiong Host Family/ 與我的Hmong Xiong寄宿家庭一起釣魚

20070603

I went fishing at Big Marine Lake in Minnesota with my Hmong Xiong host family. This was my third time fishing in my life so far.

我跟我的hmong Xiong寄宿家庭去Big Marine Lake釣魚。那湖在迷尼蘇達州。這是我人生第3次釣魚。

(Calvin was getting the boat ready)

Big Marine Lake is a very beautiful lake. We drove Charles's boat around the lake. We fished around the shore. There were Vong, Tony, Calvin, Kou and I, five of us. We were on the same boat. It was so fun! That was one of the best experiences that I had in the States. That was also my first time to abroad a small boat.

Big Marine Lake 是一個很美麗的湖。我們開著Charles的船繞著湖。我們在淺岸邊釣魚。那天有Vong, Tony, Calvin, Kou還有我,共五人。我們在同一艘船上。那天真的很好玩!那是我在美國最美好的經驗之一。 那也是我第一次登上像這樣的小船。


(Vong is my Hmong Xiong cousin.)

(We got everything ready.....but....I couldn't find any parking......)
That day was not our day. I didn't catch anything at all besides sea weed. I spent most of my time practicing throwing the line and roll the line back up. We went fishing for almost 4 hours. And the rest of us caught 4 fishes total in addition to those small fish. We only wanted big fish, we putted the small fishes back to the lake after we caught them.

我們當天運氣不是很好,我一隻魚也沒有釣到,我倒是釣到一大推水草。我大份時間都在練習甩出魚線跟收回魚線。我們釣了將近4個小時,去掉一些小魚,我們只調到4條魚。因為我們只想要大魚,我們把釣到小魚都放回湖裡。

I didn't really like fishing when I was little. All I remember was that I have to stay still the all time to wait for the fish. You know, how can you expect a little boy to stay still for more than 5 minutes. Anyway, it turned out bad as I expected. I didn't catch anything. And it was boring as hell.

在我小時後,我其實不是很喜歡釣魚,釣魚對我來說,我只記得,我必須要保持一樣的姿勢不能動,別鬧了,你也知道這對一個小男孩來說根本是不可能的!你要怎樣要求一個小男生一直都不動呢?總而言之,結果跟我想的一樣,我一條魚也沒抓到,釣魚對我來說,實在是太無聊了!

(Calvin is very confident!)

However, fishing here is so much fun! You can use tons of different kind of jig to fish. Moreover, you have to use different kind of skill to fish different kind of fish. You have to use worm-like jig to fish big mouth fish, for example, using shiny and noisy jig to catch Northern Pike. And to catch the Northern Pike, you have to keep rolling and throwing the line to keep the jig on the surface. Anyway, it is so much fun than you can imagine!

不過,在美國釣魚是在太好玩了!你可以用各種不同的餌去釣魚,而且釣不同的魚也需要不同的技巧。用像蟲一樣的餌釣大嘴魚,用閃亮亮的餌抓Northern Pike。在釣Northern Pike時,你要不斷的丟魚線跟拉魚線。釣魚實在是太好玩了!

(Tony and his fish!)

We decided to go home around 6 o'clock. And it started to rain at the duck where we parked. We pulled the boat back to the truck in the pouring rain. It rained like crazy. We all got all wet. Right after putting the boat back on the truck, it stopped raining. We got back inside the truck and shivered like scared little dogs.

我們在六點時決定打道回府。而正當我們到小碼頭邊時,突然傾盆大雨,我們全都淋的很濕,一把船栓回卡車上,雨就停了,鑽回卡車的我們,跟淋濕的小狗一樣,不斷的發抖。

(We putted the boat to the lake)

(The life without fish.....is like life without color to Calvin.)

That was a very fun day. Calvin and I went home right after fishing. We saw two rainbows on the highway. That made my day ever better!

那天真是太好玩了!Calvin跟我釣完魚就直接回家了,我們在高速公路上看到了兩道彩虹喔!真是太開心了!


(If you look more carefully, you will see two rainbows!))

Comments

Popular Posts