How to Keep Improving My English Ability!! / 如何繼續努力加強英文!!

2007-07-18 (Wednesday) 星期三

I had a lunch with Robyne at a Chinese buffet restaurant today. Robyne was my English 101 professor in my first semester at UWRF. He is a great teacher, most important of all, he is a good friend of mine. He is about 60 years old, I guess. I was amazed and impressed by his enthusiasm when we first met. His heart is so young. He is so passionate about everything. His young mind is always ready to explore now things.

今天中午,我跟Robyne一起到中國餐廳吃飯。Robyne是我在UWRF第一學期的English 101的老師,他是一個很棒的老師,更重要的是他是我的好朋友。 我猜他大約60歲左右吧。在我們剛認識時,我就被他的熱血驚奇到了。他有一顆年輕的心。他對每一件事物都很熱情。他的心隨時都在準備著要探險新的事物。

Today, we were talking about keeping practice English after I go back home to Taiwan in order to maintain my English ability. He gave me some suggestions. One of his suggestions is to keep on writing in English regularly. Of course, it is the best to write in English everyday. Therefore, I am going to write my online journal every day now.

今天我們聊到我在回台灣後該如何加強我的英文。他給了我一些建議。其中的一個建議是,每天都練習用英文寫作,所以,我計畫每天都寫我的網誌。

I would love to share some tips, gotten from Robyne, to keep on Sharpening my English with you guys. Reading is a very important part of learning English. Reading a lot of English articles definitely helps. Robyne suggested me to do "extensive reading" 30 minutes every day, at least, 5 days a week. In extensive reading, I can just read through the article and try to comprehend it by picking up the key words.

我很樂意跟大家分享一些Robyne給我的其他建議。閱讀是非常重要的。大量閱讀絕對是對加強英文有很大的幫助。Robyne建議我可以做"廣泛閱讀"(直譯: extensive reading),至少每一天要讀30分鐘,一個禮拜讀五天。在做延伸閱讀時只要大約能理解文章,並且挑出一些關鍵字就可以了。

Other than extensive reading, Robyne also suggested me to do "intensive reading." What is intensive reading? Doing intensive reading is that I have to pick a high level* and shorter English article. I must read it very carefully by knowing every single words. I gotta do intensive reading once a week.

除了廣泛閱讀外,Robyne也建議我可以做"密集閱讀"(直譯:intensive reading)。什麼是密集閱讀呢? 密集閱讀就是閱讀高等級*且不要太長的英文文章。在作密集閱讀時,要非常仔細的閱讀文章的每一個字。密集閱讀約一個禮拜做一次。

Robyne said that I can maintain my English skill and even improve it more by doing extensive reading and intensive reading for 3 years back to back.

Robyne說藉由這兩種閱讀方法連續三年,我的英文一定可以維持在現在的水平,並且可以更上一層樓。

Robyne also said that learning a new language takes time. "Practice helps" He said.

Robyne也說學一個新的語言是需要時間的。
練習絕對是有幫助的,他說。

Comments

Popular Posts